We aren't here anymore...

I'm so glad you found us!

As of June 15th 2010 we will be live at our new site!

Visit us for all the latest at
Small Things are Big Things!





Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Spice up baby food...

Typical of most stay-at-home moms, it is one of my main "jobs" to save money for the family. One way (of many) is to make my own baby food. With Eli I bought a baby food cook book and tried the recipes. I found the process to be very time consuming... ug! Now that Cora is ready for food I'm going at it again... my way! Here is a "recipe" I made up today that you can do while you are feeding lunch to your toddler and getting dinner started and switching over the laundry and...

Tastes Like Pie Carrots

  • Throw peeled carrots into a pot (you can buy the peeled baby carrots so you don't have to peel and it will cook faster)


  • Fill the pot about 1/4 full of water (not too much because nutrients boil out of the carrots into the water so you will want to salvage as much as you can)


  • Cover and put on a low heat till the carrots are soft (this gives you plenty of time to do stuff, just check on them and stir every 15 minutes or so)


  • Smash with a potato masher


  • Puree in a blender (you may need to add more water, be sure to use all the water from the pot!!)


  • Add cinnamon to taste. The cinnamon will make the carrots taste like pumpkin pie... REALLY it is yummy. Only spice a portion of your mix so you can mix up the tastes for your little one.

Enjoy,
KN

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails