We aren't here anymore...

I'm so glad you found us!

As of June 15th 2010 we will be live at our new site!

Visit us for all the latest at
Small Things are Big Things!





Friday, March 20, 2009

Suzie Says...

While I was doing St Patty's Day gifties I remembered this one...
Suzie says, Always save ALL your tiny pieces of ribbon!
Huh? (you're thinking)
Yes, invisible friends, save those bits of ribbon and of course all the bows and baubles from showers and birthday parties. I started saving ribbon, per my mom's suggestion, at my wedding and I totally recommend it. I keep mine very organized (ha!) in a tub and it comes in handy for making fun unique bows... you just keep tying bits together till it looks awesome :)
Lets face it folks... ribbon is the last thing we need to be spending our moo-la on when times are tight. Recycle your ribbon!!
Save your ribbon, save your money and save the earth!
Whod-a-thunk saving ribbon would be so noble!?!?!

Side note... I made corn beef on Irish People's Day and Cora Jane LOVED it... I think she ate the most at the table!

To all my new UBP friends... Don't let the Linky Love end with this Blog Party!! Join Eli's Lids Remember When Linky on March 30th!!! Details here.
Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Some other posts that tell a bit about me: Moving Saga Part 4: Sacred Space, Today was Valentines Day?, Crash = New Car & Back Aches, & Our Wedding. Oh and I can't leave out My Lids!!

There are about a gazillion prizes to be had!! I mean real prizes... $100 to Homegoods... $50 to Target and loads of awesome handmade gifties and jewelry... my top picks are 101, 89, 58, 68, 19, 21, 77, 78, 22, 52, 26, 30, 91, 41, 44, 62, 16, 12, 72, 81, 97, 104, 118, 123, 105, 121

29 comments:

Suz Broughton said...

My mom does this, too. I had a bag going until my dog got hold of it :(
Good advice.

Mommy Daisy said...

Hi there. Just wanted you to know that you won the BOB THE BUILDER DVD on my blog. Please send an e-mail to me with your full name and address, so I can get that to you asap. Thanks & Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Bomb-diggity! Hilarious. You write so well and have such an adorable sense of humor. And OH MY GOODNESS! Thank you for wanting to do a write up about my photography. I feel so very honored, Kara Noel. Thank you. I will get to it this weekend and send you the requested info. In the meantime, congratulations on your new place. Happy unpacking!

lace said...

I have a box full of saved ribbons as well. I don't want to spend money on that kind of stuff either.

Thanks for stopping by. Our walk was like a science class. I was just happy to be outside in the sun that I didn't think much about that.

MSM said...

Cora Jane is so ridiculously cute!

Anonymous said...

Great idea about the ribbons!

Stephanie Manner Wagner said...

Hi there!
I just started doing a twin parenting thing on blessed nest perch last month. Keep meaning to pop over here and visit your blog. Here I am, thanks for having me.

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Love your blog...especially all the hilarious words on the pictures :-). Thanks for stopping by my blog!

~Sandy~ said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! Love your Lids ;o) You are very creative....it's awesome your business has taken off. Happy UBP '09!!!

Anonymous said...

Kara, I came by because of your comment on my UBP post. Then I started laughing, and then I was reading. And reading. And still reading, fell in love with your blog. You are so dang cute. (And um, yeah, kinda need some Lids, now.)

The moving Saga? Perfect and bittersweet, and I totally get it.

I'm so glad you stopped by.

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

I, too, tend to save every piece of ribbon and/or bow that comes into my life. Although, unlike you, I don't have them organized AT ALL (all thrown in a bag in my scrapbooking room)!

Thanks for visiting my blog via USP'09! I hope you come again soon!

Daysie said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! and I save my ribbon too ... as ong as it's savable! lol

Unknown said...

Cute idea with the ribbons! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kelli W said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Your blog {and your lids}are SUPER cute!! I have to confess...I save ribbon and a ton of other crafty type materials just in case I may need them someday! I have a cabinet full of stuff just waiting to be used!!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of your baby so cute! Just doing some blog hopping for UBP!

The Blonde Duck said...

Sussy for you on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Fun! Thanks for stopping by! Love the lids:)

I look forward to learning more about you!
Susan

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Love the ribbon! Thanks for stopping by. I love your place here. And that Remember When segment that you do sounds really fun!

Have a super day!

XOXO
Jen

Tabitha Blue said...

Great tip!! I got that same memo from my mom, and I usually keep it up, thanks for the reminder! I love Cora Jane's feet on the table!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my UBP post at mommybrain2.blogspot. I've moved.

LOVED reading about your moving adventure. hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

Ta!

I want to invite you to the Mommie Daze Virtual Baby Shower that I am hosting May 15 to June 8. This is an international even and there are prizes! Stop by my blog for all the details.

Kelley said...

Happy UBP! Thanks for stopping by...so many blogs, so little time! I am going to pull a few all nighters getting to all the blogs.

Have you made a cute lid using some of your saved ribbon?

Have a great day!

A Christian Mom said...

Hi! Thank you for stopping by my blog, via the UBP!

Your little one is adorable! ;o)

Enjoy the party!

Cascia Talbert said...

You have a great blog! Thanks for stopping by Healthy Moms!

Jen @ One Moms World said...

Just stopping by to do some Ultimate Blog Partying. That is too cute about your little girl with the Corn Beef. She's a cutie.

Laura Lee said...

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!! And forget about the corned beef, your lids are the bomb-diggity!! I love that being a mom does not mean that we stop being too-cool-for-school. :D

Sticky said...

Great party, thanks for the invite! I'm so glad you stopped by my place...I love your 'lids'!!

Anonymous said...

HI! Love the lids! I've been saving ribbon for a very long time. Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit.

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and reminding me to save my ribbon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails