Tribute means an acknowledgment of gratitude, respect, or admiration or Evidence attesting to some praiseworthy quality or characteristic.
This idea came about because she was reading my blog (yes, I do have 1 reader!) and after reading Race for Pink Eye she asked why I didn't mention that as of last year she is also a breast cancer survive. I'm really not sure why. Though I did think about her during the race, my mind was a little distracted because my eyes were burning like HE-double hockey sticks. I guess I'll leave it at that. Anyway, to make sure that she knows how much I adore her, I hope this tribute cancels out my forgetfulness about the race.
Things I love about Betty Rose...
1. She is a feisty Texan woman!
2. She is an artist. Her quilts are all show-worthy and her paintings are AMAZING.
3. She uses her oven as storage because she never uses it, AND there are always some sort of tasty treats in there for hungry grand kids... and great grand kids.
4. She truly loved her husband with all her heart.
5. She raised 4 beautiful children in California while all of her family lived in Texas, too far away to help out.
6. She still has a Texan accent though she has lived in California 50 years.
7. She has gorgeous skin (ask her about Mary Kay, she should be their poster girl).
8. Her mom was a professional ballerina in New York... I guess that isn't about Grandmom, but you have to admit, it's noteworthy.
9. She taught herself how to email and buy stuff on eBay.
10. She worked at my high school in the office... that was pretty cool!
11. She makes this yummy not-too-bad-for-you dessert with Jell-O and... well, I'm not too sure what else is in it, but it sure is tasty.
12. She adores my husband and is head over heels for my children.
13. She always can think clearly in a crisis and knows just what to do.
14. She is loyal. If someone says something less that pleasant about one of her babies (or grand babies), she'll defend us tooth and nail.
15. She likes to read.
16. She loves scrapbooking and is working on an awesome family history album.
17. She cross country skies.
18. Her iPod shuffle only has one CD on it. Barry Manilow!
19. She can refinish furniture like no body's business.
20. If she sees a need she'll try to fill it.
21. She gets words confused... just a little, but enough to really make things interesting. A family favorite was when she told my mom she saw a man "driving erotically." In which my mom responded that she thought that was illegal. (Do you get it? She meant to say erratically, but instead said erotically. I know! Funny!!!!)
22. She has a hallway filled to the brim with family photos.
23. When I was little we started the "Only Children's Club" because her, my grandaddy and myself are all only children (well adjusted, of course).
24. She took me to dinner every Wednesday night before Pioneer Girls.
25. When she is watching a show and she thinks you may like it, she'll call you so you can turn it on too.
26. She reads my blog!
See Betty Rose's Wedding here!!