We aren't here anymore...

I'm so glad you found us!

As of June 15th 2010 we will be live at our new site!

Visit us for all the latest at
Small Things are Big Things!





Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Crafts Part 5: Ornament Chandelier

Do you need a last minute idea to wow your guests at Christmas dinner? Make an ornament chandelier!!!
This is easy and fun to do and really looks great. I modified the idea of balls just randomly hung around the room.
Just like in the cute paper strip ornament craft I used light colored thread... use fishing line if you have it.
.
.
To get the ornaments the same length...

~Put a broom between two chairs.
~Tie the fishing line to the top of the ornament (there is usually a metal ring for hanging) and hang it at the correct length.
~Match the other ornaments to this length, tie, and they are ready to hang.
~I figured this out about half way through the project... it made things way faster and more accurate AND I wasn't climbing on and off the dining room table anymore... much to the dismay of Hot Hubby who was watching the whole time.Hang your first ornament up as a center starting point by tying the fishing line around the tack and pinning it up on the ceiling.... then hang the others around it in the pattern and lengths of your choice!

I should have cut off the gold ornament hangers... I thought it would be a nice touch... it wasn't.
I'm super happy with the way this turned out! And it looks awesome through our window from outside. As with most crafts... you have to do it once before you can do it perfect. Next year it is going to be huge...
Merry Christmas Eve!!!

6 comments:

One Bored Mommy said...

What a great blog! Thanks for leaving comment on my blog. My friend and I had an online children's boutique last year called, "The Sweet Treat Couture Boutique". After finding out I was pregnant with baby #4, we decided to put the business on hold for now and raise our families. I think I'll probably start it back up in a few years. I made customed (they picked the fabric and style) boutique children's clothes, bows, etc. I found that sewing is a great outlet, especially when you're a SAHM. Your lids are great! Anyway, thanks for commenting on my blog and I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Cathy said...

Love your blog! And the lids are too cute! I will be back! Thanks for stopping by my place...hope you will visit again soon! Merry Christmas!

frogglet said...

What a cool Project! Thanks for visiting my blog. Love your Blog, you kids are super cute. I am off to check out all the lids next.
Have a Merry Christmas.

{ Lana Cox } said...

Thanks for the comment. I love your blog, you have such fun ideas on it. I'm excited to make the paper strip ornaments with my son, so cute! And those skirts, wow, if only I had girls!!

rachael said...

Love this idea! Why am I lame and don't understand Step 2? Do you wrap the fishing line around the entire ornament? :) Thanks for helping the craft-impaired mommies like me! Merry Christmas Eve!

The Woodalls wish the Lawsons a wonderful Christmas day! Thanks for your friendship.

JaMean said...

Wow. You are a TALENTED woman! What fun ideas you have! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails